It’s been a long time for many of us… since we’ve been in an academic program. Are you ready to go back to school? Here are some key preparatory steps that will pave the road to your success, increase your confidence and make those first few weeks a lot easier!
SET UP YOUR SUPPORT NETWORK
BRUSH UP ON BASIC SKILLS
- Brush up English and math skills – as needed before starting a new school program.
- Become digitally fluent in needed computer software programs
- MS WORD
- MS EXCEL
- MS POWERPOINT
- Online literacy
COMPUTER SET UP
- An up-to-date computer
- Your desktop or laptop computers are the best tools for completing course room activities, as they provide you with all the apps, connectivity and resources you need to effectively complete your classes. Tablets and smartphones may be used as secondary devices to stay up-to-date on course discussions and messages from your instructors. Use a computer manufactured within the last 3 years and keep your software updated.
- If you don’t have access to a reliable computer, we can lend you one! Learn more.
- Common Computer Requirements
Make an appointment with your BHMT Career Counselor to check on your academic readiness – and learn more about helpful resources that can get you off to a great start.