Colorado Technical University/Hippo Bootcamps
Medical education should upgrade your practice and your life. Lifelong learning should be exciting and something you look forward to. It should connect you to your fellow clinicians and remind you why you practice medicine, not just how. Hippo exists not only to change your practice, but to change your mind about what truly great education can achieve.
If you’re tired of Continuing Medical Education (CME) that just checks the boxes, and you’re looking for a community of like-minded people learning, growing, and doing their best work together, you’ve found what you’re looking for. Every member subscription is for 12 months of access.
CTU/Hippo Bootcamps Available
Adult Emergency Medicine Bootcamp
75 hours, 76.5 credits
- An online video onboarding course that addresses the “real-world” clinical issues you will face as you transition into a new area of practice that you won’t find in textbooks. Flatten the learning curve and get ahead of the game, no matter what point you’re starting from in your EM career. Includes course assessment test.
Mental Health Bootcamp
15 hours, 20.25 credits
- This a comprehensive video-based course for primary care clinicians focuses on aspects mental health care including: the unique challenges of treating mental health conditions, diagnosis and management of common psychiatric conditions, nuances of psychotropic medications, and when to refer. The content is developed and delivered by both primary care clinicians and mental health specialists.
OUD Decoded: A DEA-Compliant Audio Course
8 Hours, 12.25 credits
- This podcast series helps clinicians who write prescriptions manage opioid addiction and substance abuse issues, and complies with DEA 8-hour MATE Act requirements and meets the US Dept. of Justice requirement (as of June 2023) for 8 hours of training regarding opioid use disorder and other substance use disorders.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Bootcamp
48 hours, 49.75 credits
- A comprehensive online video course that gives you the foundational tools you need to handle kids in the emergency department, whether it’s your first shift or 10th year in practice. Includes course assessment test.
Primary Care Bootcamp: Adult
60 hours, 78.25 credits
- Conquer clinical practice and the nuance of primary care medicine. Whether you’re just starting out, transitioning from another specialty, or are a seasoned clinician, this video-based bootcamp course condenses years of training into short, easy-to-digest videos. Includes course assessment test.
Primary Care Bootcamp: Pediatric
40 hours, 64 credits
- This online, on-demand video bootcamp delivers key practice-changing knowledge that will hone your pediatric primary care skills with approximately 200 videos of varying length created and delivered by veteran pediatricians and includes an assessment test.
Radiology Bootcamp: Plain Film
16 hours, 20.25 credits
- Using this systematic approach to reading plain adult and pediatric films that ensures an accurate diagnosis, an appropriate treatment plan. The course helps minimize missed diagnoses, the need for callbacks, and how to recommend a treatment plan sooner. Lectures are designed and delivered by experienced radiologists.
Telemedicine: Common Conditions
3 hours, 3 credits
- Get the clinical guidelines you need to succeed in the telemedicine setting and avoid critical mistakes.
Urgent Care Bootcamp
46 hours, 47.5 credits
- An online video course with everything you need to function like a seasoned urgent care clinician, whether it’s your first shift or 10th year in practice. Includes course assessment test.
Who Should Enroll?
Anyone working clinically in Primary Care, Pediatrics, Urgent Care or Emergency Medicine who wants to enhance their knowledge, onboard to a new specialty or earn CME credit that also offers practice-changing core content review.
How Do I Register?
- Click on “GET STARTED” below.
- You will be directed to the CTU/Hippo page for registration.
- Click a course link on the CTU/Hippo landing page and you will be prompted to enter your name and email address (this creates a username and password for you).
- You will have instant access to the course of your choice.