American Sentinel University
Earning your Masters degree at American Sentinel University is more than a way to advance your career, it’s an opportunity for you to shine. We offer an RN to BSN/MSN, MSN with seven specializations, MBA Healthcare and an MSN/MBA Healthcare dual degree.Develop expertise in an area that interests you. 98% of our students work in healthcare while going to school, so we built our programs to be flexible. We understand that everyone learns different, so we have two paths to your selected degree: traditional term-based or Powered by SIMPath®.
- Case Management
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Informatics
- Nursing Management and Organizational Leadership
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner*
- Family Nurse Practitioner*
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner*
*Nurse Practitioner specializations are only available in our traditional term-based format.
- Traditional Term-Based – Online courses are only 8 weeks long and start every month.
- Powered by SIMPath® – Complete online courses at your own pace within a 16-week semester. You’ll utilize digital simulations to make learning more interactive and then showcase your learnings through multiple mediums such as PowerPoint presentations or videos. In place of discussion posts, you’ll attend a weekly call or view the recording of it. You can complete as many courses during the semester as your schedule allows. There are no due dates – although all projects need to be submitted by the end of the 16-week semester. Powered by SIMPath® is for a self-disciplined learner who’s comfortable with technology.
- Residents in all 50 states are eligible to enroll for most Masters programs.
- For our M.S. Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner and Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner specializations, BHMT residents in the following states are eligible: California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, and Virginia.
- For our M.S. Nursing, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner specialization, BHMT residents in the following states are eligible: Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii and Virginia.
- Monthly start dates are available for both term-based and Powered by SIMPath®.
Length of Term
- Traditional Term-Based – 8-week classes that start monthly. Take one course at a time or overlap them to move through the program faster.
- Powered by SIMPath® – Take as many courses as your schedule allows per 16-week semester.
Length of Programs
- Traditional Term Based – Completion time varies based upon program selection. Some programs can be completed in as few as two years.
- Powered by SIMPath® – Some students can complete some Powered by SIMPath® program in as few as three 16-week semesters – making some programs less than two years.
American Sentinel University has collaborated with BHMT to offer you a discounted tuition rate:
- Traditional Term-Based – $438/credit hour*
- Powered by SIMPath® – $3,500/16-week semester
BHMT will pay a maximum of $5250 (combined KP Tuition Reimbursement funding and BHMT funding) per calendar year (January through December) directly to American Sentinel on your behalf. BHMT will recover your KP tuition reimbursement eligible expenses to the maximum available. You will be responsible for costs exceeding the $5250 calendar year maximum.
*Nurse Practitioner: $438 – MSN Core Courses; $475 – MSN Nurse Practitioner Role and Population Focused Courses.